"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -Albus Dumbledore

May 26, 2009

Lullabies and RocknRoll


This weekend I got to go down to Utah to visit my family. My sister Erin just had a baby so I got to hang out with her and get to know little Hailey! She is so tiny. Erin put an open book next to her and she was just as big. She hardly ever cries, just sleeps all the time. When she starts waking up she smiles a lot and it is so adorable.
Look at that squashy face! so precious!

Kaitlyn the big sister! She is such a good helper. She always wanted to hold Hailey and give her hugs. She kept asking Erin if she could burp her. What a good sister. I don't know if she has totally grasped the meaning of sister tho because she kept saying, "Where is baby Hailey's mom and dad?" She loves the baby but I think she kept thinking hailey's parents were going to come pick her up soon. She cracks me up.



I have been wanting to play guitar for a really long time but I have just never gotten around to making time for learning. My little sister Jessie is a stud on the guitar. In high school I played a little bit with my brother but have forgotten basically everything he taught me so Jess is my new teacher. We stayed up way too late every night I was down in Utah rockin out. I'm not very good yet but I'm going to keep practicing. Luckily I can read tabs now so I can teach myself a few more songs. I just have to get my own guitar now!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet little baby! I have a new niece too and I just love her!! I'm glad you got to go down and see yours. And I hope you're enjoying reading "The Work and the Glory"! I'm on the seventh one and I'm just loving that series!

Whittney and Ryan said...

ohhh she is the cutest thing ever and so tiny!!! That cracks me up that Kaitlyn keeps asking when her parents are coming! little kids are so funny! you should have one haha, awesome you are playing the guitar! i don't know how good ryan's is but you can practice on it when ever till you get your own!!

Dane & McCall said...

You look great with a baby...just saying.

Tyler & Michelle said...

You are a fun and cute Aunt. ;-)

mb said...

ahhhhhhhhh! I love new born babies! Two of my sisters are preg right now both with girls! I'm more than a little pumped to see them this summa.

Good luck with the guitar, I have also had a desire to learn, alas, have not.

Amber said...

So I didn't see a comment option under the new moon preview so I'm commenting here. I love Jacob! Is not the hottest thing you've ever seen? I'm so excited for this movie!!! Thanks for posting the preview!

Sue Lindberg said...

Congrats Auntie Allyx - She's beautiful.. Glad you finally got around to the guitar. I remembered when you and Ali wanted to buy "border guitars" and start a rock bank! Now Ali can at least rock out with Ryan when he plays